User:Kehoemw/SandboxEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Richmond was chartered on October 27, 1794 by the Vermont State Legislature and organized in 1795. Richmond was created from lands in what had been three contiguous towns (Jericho, Williston and Huntington); a piece of a fourth (Bolton) was added later.
Richmond Center has always been the chief village, though Jonesville, to the south on Route 2, was a close second for a number of years. Ransome Jones was a prominent village merchant in the 1880's.  
- Richmond, Vermont : a history of more than 200 years, Harriet Wheatley Riggs (2007) - find this book in a library.
- Rebuilding Downtown Richmond – Spring 1908.
- Richmond, VT History
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Richmond is Chittenden.
Chittenden District Probate Court
175 Main St.
PO Box 511
Burlington VT 05402
Phone: (802) 651-1518
Richmond, Vermont, Enrolled Militia Records, 1863-1864, are available on FamilySearch.
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Richmond. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Chittenden County, website at this link.
- Hill Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Our Lady Of The Holy Rosary Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Richmond Village Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Riverview Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Saint Mary Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
Richmond, Vermont Land Records, 1851-1904, can be found on FamilySearch (browse only images).
Richmond Town Hall
203 Bridge St.
Richmond, VT 05477
Phone: (802) 434-2221
Libraries and Historical Societies
Richmond Free Library
201 Bridge Street
PO Box 997
Richmond, Vermont 05477
Phone: (802) 434-3036
The Richmond Historical Society
PO Box 453
Richmond, VT 05477
- ↑ History of Richmond, VT http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/richmond.html#about
- ↑ Town of Richmond, Vermont, http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/ChittendenRichmond.html