User talk:JonesWDEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Welcoming Committee is here to support you and offer you a warm welcome to a Community that loves Family History. We thank you for your contributions! Please continue editing and consider joining in Projects Seeking Contributors or a live Community Meeting where you may meet other experienced users and contributors.
This message is posted on your Talk Page which is associated with your personal User Page. Try creating a User Page about yourself by clicking on your name under "Personal Tools" at the bottom of the navigation bar. It's a great place to practice new skills and lets others know something about you and your genealogical interests. We hope you like this place and decide to join in.
Here are a few pages you may find helpful:
- The Community Center for the Wiki.
- The Guiding Principles of FamilySearch Wiki.
- Learn to Search for Articles.
- Learn how to Help:Edit and Contribute.
- Check the Manual of Style.
You may find additional editing and technical assistance from experienced contributors in the forums at Forums.FamilySearch.org. Please sign your name only on discussion/talk pages. If you need personal assistance, feel free to contact Welcoming Committee Members.
Again, welcome! Kara 14:27, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
Dear FamilySearch Historical Records Contributor,
We noticed you recently contributed to one of our articles and we wanted to send out a quick thank you for contributing to a FamilySearch Historical Records' article. You may not know it, but this is a new project that is just getting off the ground and your contribution helps! The information you provide is invaluable to those users who are searching out further information about collections in FamilySearch; it helps them make a deeper connection with their research, especially when it has to do with their own ancestry. It’s your contributions that are keeping the project rolling forward. Thank you.
We'd love to have you become part of our community here. We've got lots of ways to get involved a little deeper into the project and what the project entails: https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/FamilySearch_Wiki:WikiProject_FamilySearch_Records. In this page you will find information about the FamilySearch Records project, getting started in wiki editing, tasks for which you can sign up to volunteer, etc. We are excited you have decided to share your talents, time and resources towards forwarding the goals of FamilySearch.org and those who use it (including you!).
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us. We’d love to hear from you and help you out in any way we can.
The FamilySearch Records Team
Rathdrum, Kootenai, Idaho
Warren, I just got a message that you had deleted the page with the above title. That is the correct title. We are listing towns in Idaho in the order of town, county, state. The page that should be deleted is in the order of state, county, town. I have transferred all the content of the page entitled "Idaho, Kootenai, Rathdrum" to the correctly titled page. Jimmy B. Parker 17:46, 9 March 2011 (UTC)
I changed the link on the Spanish because they seemed to be redundant. I didn't notice the difference of the links so I combined them on the Spanish.talk
Warren, I don't know where else to post this. It appears you have blocked a user in the past so probably have rights. It appears that User:Pkzwwnoka has been replacing good articles with random genealogical data in a block. I've tried to revert (manually or using the undo button) the two articles I found (PRF and one on using the Internet) that were changed to this block of data. I'm wondering if this is a spam account. Could you fix this or transfer it to whoever oversees blocking. Additionally, any help in making such complaints easier to report would be welcome! --User:GreenwoodKL
Thank you for reporting this issue. I have put a block on that user. If you see anymore instances please let me know. --Warren
- Hi Warren, do you think that blocking the user should be the first action. I agree that the contributions should have been reversed, but these look to be the first edits of a new user rather than anything malicious. The blocking policy talks about blocking being a result of not following policy or conditions of use. So what I'm saying is shouldn't have someone tried to contact the user first before putting the block on. --Steve 16:50, 20 February 2012 (UTC)
The thing about this particular issue is that this person didn't have a created talk page to write anything plus the username leads me to believe it was a random username created. Warren
- User talk pages are not created automatically, most are often created when someone from the welcoming committee adds a message to talk pages of new users. As the the username, I performed a Google query a found that it has been used at various sites by a person named Patti Jones Zavorka. My guess is that the individual was mistaken in the edits rather than malicious and as such the block should be removed and an offer of help/assistance is made to this new user. --Steve 18:01, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
- Warren, Why did you delete the page Santa Clara California Family History Center/Contact Information? I had help creating this page from Bro. Smith at Wiki, so I think it's legit. I would like to have it restored. Can you help do that? Thanks Cgehlbach 00:20, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
- Christine, get back to me if there is anything else I can help you with. Klk3 00:28, 28 February 2012 (UTC)
What is the link of the deletion I haven't deleted any page for a very long while. Warren
- Warren, I was helping Christine on the wiki chat line yesterday. The site is https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/index.php?title=Santa_Clara_California_Family_History_Center/Contact
- As you will see, the comment was "19:41, 23 November 2011 JonesWD (Talk | contribs) deleted "Santa Clara California Family History Center/Contact Information" (content was: "
Santa Clara FHC Address 875 Quince Ave.
Santa Clara, CA
Hours Sun-Mon: Closed
Wed-Thurs: 9am-4pm and 7pm-9:00pm
Tues & Fri: 9am-4pm
FHC Pages Home
- Linda restored the page, so the problem is resolved. Apparently you responded to a delete template that was added to the page by mistake.
Hi, I recently contacted Steve about a problem I was having with the navboxes not displaying the hide/show links and not collapsing in the other language wikis. He said the required java script was not installed on the other language wikis. He pointed me to the code MediaWiki:Common.js that is needed, but I don't have administrator rights to add the code. I noticed that you were an administrator on many of the other wikis and wanted to ask you if you could add the code for me.
Thanks, Lotje2 19:14, 28 July 2012 (UTC)
I added the MediaWiki:Common.js to all the language Wikis. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Warren 16:25, 2 August 2012 (UTC)
Help Edit Problem
Over the last 3 days, I have not been able to do very little work on the Wiki. I am one of the service missionaries and a member of the Wiki Support Team. I do hundreds of pages a week and now can't stay in the site. It is kicking us all out and we have to resign in. Have done the cookies clean and change the browser etc. Get kicked out every time and most edits do not stay. I can get the main page to show me on personal area but will still show me not signed in. PLEASE help!!!Sandralpond 22:21, 26 August 2012 (UTC)
It appears to be a problem with the www.familysearch.org. The engineers have reportedly fixed the problem a few minutes ago. I am still trying to test it to make sure we can call it fixed. If you still see it happen from now on please let me know. Warren 20:31, 27 August 2012 (UTC)