Virginia Law and LegislationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
To help interpret courthouse records and more clearly understand the relationships of people mentioned in them, the following books are recommended:
- Cushing, John D., edition Colony Laws of Virginia 1619- 1660. Two Volumes. Wilmington, Delaware: Michael Glazier, Inc., 1978. (Family History Library book 975.5 P3c.) This was originally published in 1809.
- The First Laws of the State of Virginia. Wilmington, Delaware: Michael Glazier, 1982. (Family History Library book 975.5 P3f.)
See also the Public Records section.
If your ancestor was a clerk in early Virginia, this book may help:
- Johnston, Frederick. Memorials of Old Virginia Clerks. 1888. Digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- Yale Law School Colonial Virginia Charters, Grants, and Related Documents
- This page was last modified on 10 July 2012, at 22:20.
- This page has been accessed 2,170 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki