Warren County, MissouriEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Warren County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Warren County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 5, 1833|
|Address|| Warren County Courthouse|
104 W Market
Warrenton, MO 63383-1903
Warren County Website
Recorder Deeds has marriage and land records from 1833;
Probate Court has probate records from 1833;
Clerk Circuit Court has court records
- See an interactive map of Warren County border changes at N2Genealogy.
Places / Localities
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
For tips on accessing Warren County, Missouri census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Interactive map of Warren County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Warren County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Civil War service men from Warren County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Warren County.
- 1833-1860 - Digital book (readable online). 1833-1860. Has a surname index and some notes with entries, especially for underage brides and grooms who needed parental consent.
- 1833-1861 - 1807-1880 Missouri Marriages (Warren County 1833-1861) by Access Genealogy. Searchable.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Warren County, Missouri. Page 406 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/f/f4/Igimissourir.pdf.
|This Missouri-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.