Washington County, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Washington County Maine genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Washington County, Maine|
Location in the state of Maine
|Founded||June 25, 1789|
|Address|| Washington County Courthouse|
PO Box 297
Machias, ME 04654-0297
Washington County Website
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and burial records. Clerk of the Court has divorce and court records from 1931, probate records from 1785, land records from 1783 and naturalization records from 1854. Maine State Archives, Augusta, has divorce and court records before 1931.
Places / Localities
Cities • Calais • Eastport
Unorganized territories. For further details see Maine townships.
- East Central Washington
- Trescott Township
- Marion Township
- Edmunds Township
- Township 18 East Division (Berry Township)
- Number 14 Township (Plantation 14) (Cathance Township)
- Township 19 East Division
- North Washington
- Township 18 Middle Division
- Township 19 Middle Division
- Centerville (town dissolved 2003 into a township)
- Township 24 Middle Division
- Township 25 Middle Division
- Township 29 Middle Division (Devereaux Township)
- Township 30 Middle Division
- Township 31 Middle Division (Day Block Township)
- Township 36 Middle Division
- Township 37 Middle Division
- Township 26 East Division
- Township 42 Middle Division
- Township 43 Middle Division
- Township 27 East Division (Greenlaw Chopping Township)
- Number 21 Township (Plantation 21) (Big Lake Township)
- Township 5 Norh Division (Sakom Township)
- Township 6 North Division
- Township 1 R1 Titcomb Survey (Fowler Township)
- Township 1 R2 Titcomb Survey (Dyer Township)
- Township 1 R3 Titcomb Survey (Lambert Lake Township)
- Township 6 R1 North of Bingham's Penobscot Purchase
- Township 7 R2 North of Bingham's Penobscot Purchase (Kossuth Township)
- Township 8 R3 North of Bingham's Penobscot Purchase
- Township 10 R3 North of Bingham's Penobscot Purchase (Forest Township)
- Township 11 R3 North of Bingham's Penobscot Purchase (Hillgove Township)
- Township 8 R4 North of Bingham's Penobscot Purchase
- Township 9 R4 North of Bingham's Penobscot Purchase (Forest City Township)
Communities • Machias • Woodland
Village • Forest City
- Passamaquoddy Indian Township Reservation
- Passamaquoddy Pleasant Point Reservation
Extinct or unincorporated towns • Baring • Brookton • East Central Washington • Eaton • Edmunds • Forest City • North Washington • Trescott
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Washington County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Washington County
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Washington County, Maine page 305, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 119. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- Maine, Washington County Revolutionary, Probate, and Cansus Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki