Wayne County, West Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Wayne County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
Wayne County Courthouse
700 Hendricks Street
Wayne, WV 25570
County Clerk has bird and death records from 1853
Marriage records from 1854
Probate and Land Records
See an interactive map of Wayne County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
- Boyd County, Kentucky
- Lawrence County, Kentucky
- Lawrence County, Ohio
- Martin County, Kentucky
- Bloss Cemetery, Lavalette
- Old Crescent Hill Cemetery, Ceredo
- Mays Cemetery, Lavalette
- Queen's Ridge Cemetery
- Strother Cemetery, Hubbardstown
- Find a Grave Wayne County, West Virginia
- Morris Funeral Home
For tips on accessing Wayne County, West Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Help us index the 1940 Census
Wayne County, Transactions West Virginia Deeds
West Virginia Archives
A Brief History of Buffalo Creek Community, Wayne County ,West Virginia. Morgantown, West Virginia, Agricultural Extension Division, 1925. (On-line version)
Xwv 1. Agr 3. 2: B78.
Comstock, Jim. Historical and Geographical Encyclopedia. Richwood, West Virginia, Jim Comstock, 1973.
975.4003 H259 v.7.
Darby, Erasmus Foster. App Queen Day: Being an Eyewitness Account of How This Great Schoolmaster is Honored Each Year in Wayne County, West Virginia. Chillicothe, Ohio, Dave Webb, 1955.
398.22 D24a Pam.
__________________. Spot the Great Red Nosed Hound of Sugar Tree Hollow. Chillicothe, Ohio, Dave Webb, 1954.
636.7 D34s Pam.
Kirby, Wesley D. History of Wayne Community Wayne County West Virginia. Morgantown, West Virginia, Agricultural Extension Division, 1926. (On-line version)
Xwv 1. Agr 3. 2: K5.
McClintic, Elizabeth Knight. Ceredo: An Experiment in Colonization. s. l., n. p., 1937.
Osborn, Lucian W. History of East Lynn Community Wayne County West Virginia. Morgantown, West Virginia, Agricultural Extension Division, 1927. (On-line version)
Xwv 1. Agr 3. 2: O8.
A Pictorial History of Wayne County. Kenova, West Virginia, Wayne County Historical Publications Inc., 1988.
Taylor, Mildred. History of Wayne County, West Virginia. Wayne, West Virginia, n. p., 1963.
Thomas C. W. History of Ceredo and Kenova. s. l., n. p., @1958.
975.447 T482 Pam.
Varney, Carl E. Birch Bark and Sassafras Tea. Crum, West Virginia, @1976.
Williams, John Alexander. "A Note and Documents on the Wayne County Shooting Incident During the Election Campaign of 1894." West Virginia History, Charleston, West Virginia, Department of Archives and History, 1971-72. Arc 1. 4:33.
West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
West Virgina, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
Wayne County, West Virginia Will Books 1843 - 1968
West Virginia Will Books
- The Handy Book for Genealogist.
Societies and Libraries
Cabell - Wayne County Historical Society PO Box 9412 Huntinton, WV 25704
KYOWVA Genealogical Society P O Box 1254 Huntington, WV 25715
Kentucky Ohio West Virginia Genealogical Society
Family History Centers
- Huntington West Virginia Family History Center
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Wayne County, West Virginia Biographies
- Web Sites
- Wayne County, West Virginia Communities
- Wayne County, West Virginia Wikipedia
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wayne County, West Virginia. Page 746 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ "Anthony Wayne," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News