West Virginia PeriodicalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A variety of genealogical material has been published in periodicals. An index to several significant periodicals and other published sources is:
- Swem, Earl Gregg. Virginia Historical Index: in two volumes. 1934-36, Reprint. Gloucester, Massachusetts: Peter Smith, 1965. FHL fiche 6046961; book 977.5 H22s; 1965 reprint on FHL films 485948-49
- The Journal of the Kanawha Valley Genealogical Society. 1977-. Published by the Kanawha Valley Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 8555, South Charleston, West Virginia 25303-8555. FHL book 975.43 D25j
- Tri-County Researcher. 1976-. Published by Linda Goddard Stout, P.O. Box 196, Proctor, West Virginia 26055-0196, Telephone: 304-455-3203. FHL fiche 6048907-18; book 975.41 B2t Covers Marshall, Tyler, and Wetzel Counties.
- Dorman, John Frederick. The Virginia Genealogist. 1957-. Published by John Frederick Dorman, P.O. Box 4883, Washington, DC 20008. FHL films 844855 item 2-4, and 844856-7; book 975.5 B2vg There are cumulative indexes for volumes 1-35.
- West Augusta Historical and Genealogical Society Newsletter. 1944-. Published by the West Augusta Historical and Genealogical Society, 2515 10th Avenue, Parkersburg, West Virginia 26101-5829. (Family History Library FHL book 975.422 D25t
- West Virginia History: A Quarterly Magazine. 1939-. Published by the West Virginia Division of Culture and History, Cultural Center, Capitol Complex, Charleston, West Virginia, 25305-0300. FHL book 975.4 B2wh
- West Virginia Historical Magazine Quarterly. 5 vols. 1901-1905. For free online access, see WeRelate.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News