Westford, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Westford was granted as a town on June 8, 1763. The town, as granted, covered 36 square miles (23,040 acres). The first settlers did not arrive until the 1780s. By 1791, the town's population was only 63.
The Browns River afforded good mill privileges to the early nineteenth century residents. Westford has always been an agricultural town. In an 1881 gazetteer listing of some 311 households, only 64 did not list farming as an occupation. Today only 6 active dairy farms remain in the Town.  
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Westford is Chittenden.
Chittenden District Probate Court
175 Main St.
PO Box 511
Burlington VT 05402
Phone: (802) 651-1518
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Westford. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Chittenden County, website at this link.
- Brookside Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Cloverdale Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Osgood Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Pleasant View Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Richardson Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Westford Plains Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Westford Town Clerk's Office. These include Vital records of Westford, Vermont, 1857-Feb. 2000; indexes, 1787-1999, and Deeds, 1793-1850; index to deeds, 1793-1950.
Westford Town Office
1713 VT Route 128
Westford, VT 05494
Phone: (802) 878-4587
Libraries and Historical Societies
Westford Public Library
1717 Vermont 128
Westford, VT 05494
Phone: (802) 878-5639
- ↑ Welcome To Our Hometown, Westford, VT http://www.pwsolutions.com/westford/
- ↑ Town of Westford, Vermont, http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/ChittendenWestford.html