Wheeler County, GeorgiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Georgia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Wheeler County Courthouse
209 W Forest Avenue
Alamo, GA 30411
County Health Department has birth and death records from 1927;
Probate Court has marriage and probate records from 1913;
Clerk Superior Court has divorce, court and land records from 1913
1916 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
US Vol. 5
page 156 - Wilkes Cemetery
page 156 - Frank Ervins Farm
page 157 - Hinson Cemetery
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wheeler County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wheeler County, Georgia. Page 162 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki