Wicomico County, MarylandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
Government Office Building
Route 50 & Division Street
Salisbury, MD 21801
P.O. Box 870
Salisbury, MD 21803-0870
Phone: 410-548-4696 or 410-548-4697
- Named for Wicomico River, in turned derived from American Indian words wicko mekee, meaning "a place where houses are built," apparently referring to an Indian town on the banks.
Federal Census reports available 1870-1930 including slave and veterans schedules.
Societies and Libraries
- The Wicomico County MDGenWeb Project, a member of The MDGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Wicomico County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Wicomico County. (Backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Wicomico County.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More