Wicomico County, Maryland GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
Government Office Building
- Named for Wicomico River, in turned derived from American Indian words wicko mekee, meaning "a place where houses are built," apparently referring to an Indian town on the banks.
Allen Cemetery Barren Creek Springs Cemetery Bethel Cemetery Colbourne Cemetery Dennis Cemetery Dolbey Cemetery Farlows Cemetery
Hammond Cemetery Hastings Cemetery Hebron Cemetery Hustons Cemetery Jerusalem Cemetery Melson Cemetery New Hope Cemetery
Nichols Cemetery Oak Grove Cemetery Palmer Cemetery Parsons Cemetery Pittsville Cemetery Redman Cemetery Saint Johns Cemetery
Spring Hill Memorial Garden Twilley Cemetery Union Cemetery Wicomico Memorial Park Zion Cemetery
Cemetery transcriptions can be found on:
Federal Census reports available 1870-1930 including slave and veterans schedules.
- 1898 - 1958, Selected Death Certificates transcribed
Societies and Libraries
- Lower Delmarva Genealogical Society
Wicomico County Library
16-1 North Division Street
Salisbury MD 21801
Phone 410-742-3501 or 410-546-0314
- Wicomico Historical Society
PO Box 573 Pemberton Drive
Salisbury MD 21803-0573
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Wicomico County.
- The Wicomico County MDGenWeb Project, a member of The MDGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Wicomico County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Wicomico County. (Backup site)
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News