Wilson County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Wilson County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
County CourthouseWilson County Courthouse
115 E. Nash Street
Wilson, North Carolina 27894
Post Office Box 1608
Wilson, North Carolina 27894
Register Deeds has birth, marriage death and land records
Clerk Superior Court has divorce and court records from 1868
and probate records from from 1855
Wilson County was fromed from Edgecombe, Johston, Nash, Wayne 13 Feb 1855
Some of the early records are missing.
- Black Creek
- Elm City
- Wilson County Cemetery Census
- Cedar Grove Cemetery - Elm City
- Contentnea Primitive Baptist Church - Wilson
- Maplewood Cemetery - Wilson
- New Vester Cemetery - Buckhorn Crossroads
- Pleasant Grove Methodist Church - Conner
- Rest Haven Cemetery - Wilson
- Rocky Branch United Church - Buckhorn Crossroads
- Stantonsburg Town Cemetery - Stantonsburg
- Town Creek Cemetery - Elm City
- William Chapel Church - Elm City
- Fnd-a-Gravie - Wilson County
For tips on accessing Wilson County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Registrar of Deeds Online Recorder's Index Search
Trees of Wilson - Wilson County Genealogical Society publication
Recorded military discharges - Wilson County
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- 1st Regiment, Heavy Artillery (African Descent
- 1st Regiment, Infantry
- 1st Regiment, Infantry (African Descent)
- 2nd Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- 2nd Regiment Mounted Infantry
- 2nd Regiment Infantry (African Descent)
- 3rd Regiment Infantry (African Descent)
- 3rd Regiment Mounted Infantry
- 7th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- 4th Regiment5th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- 1855-1960 - Will Books 1 to 11 (1855-1960) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
Obtain copies of Wilson County Birth, Marriage and Death records.
Societies and Libraries
Wilson County Library - East Branch Library - 1006-C Ward Blvd - Wilson, NC - (252)237-2627
Wilson County Library - 249 Nash Street W - Wilson, NC 27893 - (252) 237-5355
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wilson County, North Carolina. Page 514 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ George Washington Paschal, History of North Carolina Baptists, 2 vols. (1930; reprint, Gallatin, Tenn.: Church History Research and Archives, 1990), 1:491. FHL Book 975.6 K2p 1990; "Toisnot Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
- ↑ "Toisnot Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com/, accessed 22 October 2012.
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki