Yancey County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Yancey County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Yancey County Courthouse
Burnsville, NC 28714
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage and burial records
Clerk Superior Court has divorce records from 1875, pr, ct
land rec from 1870; Depart of Archive &
History in Raleigh, NC has older rec
Some early records are missing.
For tips on accessing Yancey County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- 1834-1935 - Will Books (1834-1935) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Yancey County, North Carolina. Page 514.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News