Yohogania County, Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
1776--Yohogania County was created in 1776 from Augusta County.
1786--Discontinued, land ceded to Pennsylvania
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795593 Item 2 Includes Yohogania County Duncans.
- [Ross] Jobson, Robert C. "The Ross Family of Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Kentucky," The Kentucky Genealogist, Vol. 25, No. 2 (April/June 1983):69-71. FHL Collection 976.9 B2kg v. 25 (1983)
Regiments. Service men in Yohogania County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Yohogania County supplied soldiers for the:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News