Yohogania County, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
1776--Yohogania County was created in 1776 from Augusta County.
1786--Discontinued, land ceded to Pennsylvania
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795593 Item 2 Includes Yohogania County Duncans.
- [Ross] Jobson, Robert C. "The Ross Family of Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Kentucky," The Kentucky Genealogist, Vol. 25, No. 2 (April/June 1983):69-71. FHL Collection 976.9 B2kg v. 25 (1983)
Regiments. Service men in Yohogania County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Yohogania County supplied soldiers for the:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ E.M. Sanchez-Saavedra, A Guide to Virginia Military Organizations in the American Revolution, 1774-1787 (Richmond, Va.: Virginia State Library, 1978), 69. FHL Book 975.5 M2s.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki