BangladeshEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Bangladesh ancestry, family history and genealogy parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Getting started with Bangladesh research
Most of the country is situated on deltas of large rivers flowing from the Himalayas: the Ganges unites with the Jamuna (main channel of the Brahmaputra) and later joins the Meghna to eventually empty into the Bay of Bengal. About a third of this extremely poor country floods annually during the monsoon rainy season, hampering economic development.
Bangladesh is divided into seven administrative divisions, each named after their respective divisional headquarters
Divisions are subdivided into districts (zila). There are 64 districts in Bangladesh, each further subdivided into upazila (subdistricts) or thana ("police stations").
- http://www.nanl.gov.bd - National Archives of Bangladesh
- http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/index/intl/BGD/BANGLADESH.html - Bangladesh Mailing list
- http://www.cyndislist.com/ - website for Family History and Genealogy links
- http://www.cyndislist.com/asia/mailing-lists/ - Asia mailing lists
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
Did you know?
(Your text or images here)
- Browse: Pages for Bangladesh
- This page was last modified on 3 December 2014, at 01:26.
- This page has been accessed 6,090 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page