County AntrimEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
County Antrim (Irish: Contae Aontroma) is one of the six counties of Northern Ireland.
General County Research Information
Further information about County Antrim is available at the GenUKI site.
Archives and Libraries
Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (PRONI) 66 Balmoral Avenue Belfast BT9 6NY E-mail: email@example.com
The above is the official repository for the public records of Northern Ireland. PRONI also collects records from private sources.
HUDDLESTON, David. Medical and Health Records in the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland. Mental hospital records have most information on patients, workhouse record documents, admission and discharge. Coroners records from 1880-1990's, detail, cause of death and commentary on the deceased. Medical casebooks give detailed information on patients. Patients records are unavailable after 1908. PRONI has an index to Wills 1858-1920. Medical records are largely uncatalogued. Article covers years 1767-2008. Article in Irish Archives: Journal of the Irish Society for Archives, vol. XV, 2008 pages 30-35, Held at the Family History Library, SLC Ref. 941.5 B2ia
- General Register Office, Oxford House, 49/55 Chichester St., Belfast BT1 4HL Internet: http://www.groni.gov.uk E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register of births and deaths in Northern Ireland since 1864. Marriage records from 1922 onwards.
- Ordnance Survey of Northern Ireland, Colby House, Stranmillis Court, Malone, Lower Belfast, BT9 5BJ Internet:http://www.dfpni.gov.uk/lps/index/gi.htm E-mail: email@example.com
Civil Jurisdictions and Parish Research Information
- List of County Antrim Parishes
Symthe-Wood, Patrick. A Record of Presbyterians in Co. Antrim. This article contains a description of the book Millrow Congregation, Antrim, names of seatholders and families, extracted from records of the Parish and other documents. covers 1801 -1839. Genealogy of William Wallace who married Ellen Nicholson 1801 included. Article in The Irish Ancestor Vol. 1. no. 2, 1969 pages 95-96 Family History Library 941.5 B2i Also available at worldcat.org
- Presbyterian Historical Society Church House Fisherwick Place Belfast BT1 6DW ernet: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Internet: http://www.presbyterianhistoryireland.com/
- Moravian Church of Ireland 25 Church Road Gracehill Ballymena County Antrim Internet: http://www.gracehillmoravian.org.uk/ E-mail: email@example.com By Appointment
- Religious Society of Friends 4 Magheralave Road Lisburn BT28 3BD County Antrim Internet:http://www.quakers-in-ireland.ie/home/ E-mail: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1885 County Map: Courtesy of London Ancestor
De Breffny, Brian. Businessmen Who Issued Tokens in Ireland 1653-1679. Due to an acute shortage of small change after the death of Charles 1, tradesmen, innkeepers and some local authorities began minting their own substitutes in the form of private tokens. This list of 800 names, gives occupation and place. Article in the Irish Ancestor, vol.X. no.1. 1978, pages 51-60. Family History Library Ref. 941.5 B2i vol.10-11
contributed by Ffolliott, Rosemary. Some Lists of Mid-18th Century Linen Drapers in Sout-East Ulster. Lists of Linen Drapers from the Belfast Newsletter covering years 1750-1764. Article in The Irish Ancestor, vol.XI. no.1.1979, pages 9-14, Family History Library Ref. 941.5 B2i vol10-11.
Family history societies often publish helpful journals, transcripts, compiled genealogies and host helpful websites. They may have ongoing projects to transcribe records and create indexes. Most societies publish queries in their journals and maintain lists of members’ research interests that may be helpful to you. You may want to join one of these societies, reap the benefits of their expertise and resources or support its efforts.
To view a list of Antrim web sites, visit
- Antrim Resources and Help pages RootsChat Antrim Resources and Help pages. (Free).
- FHLFavorites.info for some great sites.
Links to articles, subcategories and images under the Category County Antrim
To add your knowledge and help expand the wiki see Help wanted on the County Antrim pages
- This page was last modified on 22 May 2014, at 18:53.
- This page has been accessed 33,443 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki