FamilySearch Wiki:AdministratorsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
See also Moderators
Policies of FamilySearch Wiki
- The Guiding Principles for this site.
- Overall FamilySearch Wiki Policies
- Image use
Reasons to Contact an Administrator
- Report a page that needs immediate deletion
- Submit a page that might need protecting or unprotecting
How to Contact Administrators
- Add a Flag related to the problem with content in the Wiki
- Participate in the FamilySearch Wiki live user group meetings
- For general feedback or technical issues please see the instruction on the: Contact us page.
Sysops are system Administrators
The Administrators help manage the development and content in the Wiki. Some tasks the Administrators keep busy with include:
- Determining the namespaces used in the Wiki and the purpose for each namespace.
- Monitor deletion requests See Deletion Requests for instructions on monitoring.
- Follow-up on deleting pages and images as needed.
- View deleted revisions of pages
- Undelete pages or images
- FamilySearch Wiki:Blocking and Banning, individual and ranges of IP addresses
- Protect and unprotect pages
- Edit the interface
- Dispute resolution. The "Neutrality Disputes" flag addresses the dispute resolution needs.
Maintenance Flag Monitoring
Examples of all current: Maintenance Templates. Monitor each flag by clicking on the links below:
- Category:Deletion Requests - immediate action is needed
- Category:Outdated articles - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Neutrality disputes - two week requirement
- Category:Non-English articles - move pages to language wiki if available
- Category:Copyright problems - one week requirement
- Category:Ambiguous page title - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Merge articles - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Articles needing citations - discussion needed before implementation
Weekly Maintenance Report
- This page was last modified on 10 June 2014, at 01:18.
- This page has been accessed 4,443 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki