Germany, Bavaria, Mindelheim Miscellaneous City Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Germany, Bavaria, Mindelheim Miscellaneous City Records, 1407-1950 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Deutschland, Bavaria, Mindelheim Archivgut
This collection of mixed records from the city archives of Mindelheim covers the inclusive years of about 1407-1950. Most of the records are handwritten in narrative style and, in later years, in formatted forms. The record text is in German. This collection may include the following records:
- Church records
- Compiled biographies, genealogies and charts, and history
- Population records
- Immigrant lists, passenger lists, seaport arrivals, etc.
- Land and property indexes
- Civil registration
- Probate records
- Public records
Most of the time these records are created to help civil authorities and for the benefits of its citizens.
For a list of records by localities, document type, and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
- Names of parents, children, witnesses
- Dates and places of events, ages
- Residence and religion of principals
- Occupation of principal person and maybe of other people listed depending on the record
How to Use the Record
In order to find data in this collection, it will be necessary to know at least the name of the ancestor, the place of the event, and an approximate date.
Some records have indexes at the end of the volume. Frequently, these indexes are arranged by the given name of the individual and sometimes use the Latin form of the name. Those volumes without indexes need to be searched chronologically for the individuals sought. When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information about other people listed in the record. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors.
- Use the birth or baptism date and place to find the family in census records.
- Use the residence and names of the parents to locate civil and land records.
- The father’s occupation can lead you to employment records, military records, or other types of records.
- The parents' places of origin can tell you former residences and can help to establish a migration pattern for the family.
- Marriage date and place may help find a couple's children.
- Burial place may also help you find a couple's migration pattern.
It is often helpful to extract the information on all children with the same parents. If the surname is unusual, you may want to compile baptism entries for every person of the same surname and sort them into families based on the names of the parents. Continue to search the baptism records to identify siblings, parents, and other relatives in the same or other generations who were born, married, and died in or near to the same place.
Search the Collection
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select "Town or Village" category
⇒Select "Event Type, Date Range, and Volume Number" category which takes you to the images
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in German. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
|FHL Place Germany, Bayern, Mindelheim items or FHL Keyword Germany, Bayern, Mindelheim items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Germany Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
- Germany Archives and Libraries
- Germany Church Records
- Germany locating civil registration records not at the Family History Library
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box:Germany, Bavaria, Mindelheim Miscellaneous City Records
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Germany, Bavaria, Mindelheim Miscellaneous City Records." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Stadtarchiv Mindelheim, Bayern.
- This page was last modified on 24 June 2014, at 20:12.
- This page has been accessed 1,824 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki