Germany, Prussia, Brandenburg, Heegermühle, Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Germany, Prussia, Brandenburg, Heegermühle, Church Records, 1664-1824 .
Title in the Language of the Records
Deutschland, Brandenburg, Heegermühle, Kirche Aufzeichnungen,
This is a collection of Protestant Church records for Heegermühle covering the years 1664-1824.
The records include baptisms, marriages, and deaths handwritten in German/Gothic.
For a list of records by date or locality currently published in this collection, select the Browse link from the collection landing page.
Record ContentBaptism records generally contain the following information:
- Date and place of birth
- Baptismal date
- Gender of child
- Legitimacy of birth
- Name of child
- Parents' names
- Father's occupation
- Mother's religion
- Godparents’ names
- Date and place of marriage
- Groom's name, age and religion
- Groom's residence, marital status and occupation
- Name of groom's father
- Bride's name, age and religion
- Bride's residence and marital status
- Name of bride's father
- Dates of marriage banns
- Parents' or guardian's permission
- Date and place of death
- Name of the deceased
- Age of deceased in years, months and days
- Gender of deceased
- Legitimacy of deceased
- Name of deceased's father and his occupation
- Name of deceased's mother
- Cause of death
- Spouse’s name if married
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select "Record type, Year range, and Volume" category which takes you to the images
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
To begin your search it is helpful to know the following:
- The place where the event occurred
- The name and surname of the person
- The approximate date of the event
- The name of the parents or spouse
Using the Information
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details that can lead you to other records about your ancestors. Add this new information to your records of each family. For example:
- Use the marriage date and place as the basis for compiling a new family group or for verifying existing information.
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth of each partner to find a couple's birth records and parents' names.
- Use the birth date or age along with the place of birth to find the family in census records.
- Use the residence and names of the parents to locate church and land records.
- Use the parents' birth places to find former residences and to establish a migration pattern for the family.
Tips to Keep in Mind
- The name of the officiator is a clue to their religion or area of residence in the county. However, ministers may have reported marriages performed in other counties.
- Compile the marriage entries for every person who has the same surname as the bride or groom; this is especially helpful in rural areas or if the surname is unusual.
- Continue to search the marriage records to identify children, siblings, parents, and other relatives of the bride and groom who may have married in the same county or nearby. This can help you identify other generations of your family or even the second marriage of a parent. Repeat this process for each new generation you identify.
- The information in church records is usually reliable, but depends upon the reliability of the informant.
- Earlier records may not contain as much information as the records created after the late 1800.
- There is also some variation in the information given from one record to another.
- If you are unable to find the ancestors you are looking for search the indexes and records of nearby localities.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in German Gothic script. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
|FHL Place Germany, Preußen, Brandenburg items or FHL Keyword Germany, Preußen, Brandenburg items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Germany Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
|We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. Guidelines are available to help you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide. If you would like to get more involved join the WikiProject FamilySearch Records.|
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Germany, Prussia, Brandenburg, Heegermühle, Church Records,1664-1824." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Evangelische Kirche Heegermühle. Kreisarchiv Barnim.
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
- This page was last modified on 25 August 2014, at 19:29.
- This page has been accessed 4,303 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki