Help:Adding basic tables to an articleEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This help article will guide you as you edit in the Wiki. See Contributor Help for more help articles.|
|Quick Reference: Click on the icon on the editor toolbar. Type in the number of desired rows and columns. To create tables in Wiki text or HTML, see the advanced tables article.|
What you should know before creating a table
- Tables that were created in other programs can be imported into the Wiki, however, the process for doing so is time intensive and advanced. It may take less time to re-create a table than to import an existing table into the Wiki.
- Detailed instructions for beginning users are available online at the CK Source website.
How to create a table in an article
- Log in to the FamilySearch Research Wiki.
- Navigate to the page where you want to insert the table. This may be done by typing the title of the article in the search box, and clicking the Search button.
- Click Edit in the navigation bar page options. This will open the editing window.
- In the editing window, locate and click on the "Tables" icon on the editing toolbar:
- After clicking on the "Tables" icon, the "Table Properties" window will appear (shown below).
- In the "Table Properties" window, type in the number of rows and columns you want to add to your table. Include the width and height, as needed. These may also be adjusted later.
- Click OK. This will return you to the editing window where you may re-size and add text to the table.
- NOTE: When typing text in the table cells, the cells will automatically re-size to the size of the text, shrinking other cells. To expand the other cells, simply type text in those cells, or insert images in those cells. Each column will resize based on the widest text or image in the column.
- Save changes. (For additional information on creating and editing tables, please visit the CK Source websiteor learn detailed information about editing tables in wikitext.)
- Copy Spreadsheets into the Wiki
- WikiMedia's article on Sortable tables
- WikiMedia's article on Collapsible tables
- This page was last modified on 14 November 2013, at 22:25.
- This page has been accessed 4,175 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki