Ireland Church DirectoriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Church directories are useful for obtaining the names, addresses, and jurisdictions of Irish Catholic and Protestant clergy. Church directories may also list:
- The diocese to which a Catholic or Church of Ireland parish belongs.
- Church headquarters.
- Former church officials.
- Addresses of church schools or other church institutions.
Annual church directories for Ireland include:
- Church of Ireland Directory 1994. Dublin, Ireland: Universal Publishing Co., 1994. (Family History Library book Ref 941.5 K24ci 1994.)
- Methodist Church in Ireland. Minutes of Conference. Belfast, Ireland: The Universities Press, 1992. (Family History Library book 941.5 K2co 1992.)
- The Presbyterian Church in Ireland. Directory and Statistics, 1993. Belfast, Ireland: V. M. Jordan, 1993. (Family History Library book Ref 941.5 K24pr 1993.)
- Tierney, Rev. Martin, ed. Irish Catholic Directory 1992. Dublin, Ireland: Veritas Publications, 1991. (Family History Library book Ref 941.5 K24i1992.)
Some church directories are indexed by parish or congregation. Others are indexed by diocese or conference. Church directories available at the Family History Library are listed in the Place Search of the catalog under:
IRELAND - CHURCH DIRECTORIES
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 06:39.
- This page has been accessed 4,954 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page