TunisiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Tunisia is located in North Africa. It is bound by Algeria to the west, Libya to the southeast and the Mediterranean Sea to the northeast and north. The country is divided into three distinct physical regions.
Rivalry between French and Italian interests in Tunisia culminated in a French invasion in 1881 and the creation of a protectorate. Agitation for independence in the decades following World War I was finally successful in getting the French to recognize Tunisia as an independent state in 1956.
Getting started with Tunisia research
(Your text or images here.)
Jurisdictions in Tunisia
Tunisia is divided into 24 governorates.
- Geneanum : Databases of baptisms, marriages and burials
- Looking 4 Kin Genealogy & Family History Network - Tunisia
- (helpful tools and resources, gazetteers)
- (language dictionary, handwriting guide or tutorial, etc.)
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
(Your text or images here)
- This page was last modified on 9 March 2014, at 22:19.
- This page has been accessed 3,123 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More