UkraineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Getting started with Ukrainian research
Welcome to the Ukraine page! FamilySearch Wiki is a community website dedicated to helping people throughout the world learn how to find their ancestors. Through the Ukraine page you can learn how to find, use, and analyze Ukrainian records of genealogical value. Here you will find helpful research tools and research guidance. Please visit the help page to learn more about using the site. The Ukrainian Page is a work in progress, your contributions and feedback are essential! For help with specific areas in Ukraine, click here for a list of locations and topics.
24 provinces (oblasti, singular - oblast'), 1 autonomous republic* (avtonomna respublika), and 2 municipalities (mista, singular - misto) with oblast status**
Click on map for a larger version
Did you know?
FamilySearch has four publications that might be helpful to you in searching for your ancestors from Ukraine:
- File:German Gothic Handwriting Guide.pdf
- Hamburg Passenger Lists
- Jewish Genealogy
- Germans from Russia
- Ukraine Beginning Research
- Guide to reading Old Church Slavonic
- Obtaining Civil Documents in Ukraine
- Research Outline for Ukraine by BYU
- Help Reading Catholic Vital Records of Galicia/Halychyna
Things you can do
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need to be done. You can help by:
|This Ukraine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
- This page was last modified on 15 July 2014, at 22:36.
- This page has been accessed 11,665 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki