United States Correctional InstitutionsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This United States-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
It has an inmate name search for inmates in federal prisons from 1982 to the present. The database gives name, age, sex, race, release date, and prison or if released.
People seeking earlier information need to contact the National Archives (NARA). The following information should be provided in the request:
- - inmate name (including middle name/initial)
- date of birth or approximate age at time of incarceration
- approximate dates in prison
A record may exist for someone who was in BOP custody but never served a federal sentence of incarceration. For example:
- someone detained pre-trial but criminal charges were dismissed
- someone held as a material witness
- someone held for civil contempt
For more information about how to obtain copies of records, visit the National Archives website.
Federal, State, and Local Prisons
- BRB Publications has links to free federal, state, and county public records websites, including court, jail, and prison websites with information about inmates. The amount of information given depends on the site.[[
- This page was last modified on 10 September 2014, at 14:40.
- This page has been accessed 2,397 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page