Below are the latest statistics for the project. They continue to be very encouraging.
- 134,765,703 names have been indexed and arbitrated.
- 31 states have searchable indexes on FamilySearch.org. These states include Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.
- 15 additional states are 90% or more indexed and arbitrated.
- 4 states are under 90% indexed. To see the status of each state visit the 1940 US Census state-by-state progress map on the FamilySearch website.
- The 1940 US Census is currently 89.55% indexed and arbitrated.
As we get close to the end of indexing the 1940 US Census, it will be tempting to let others finish the last of the work. We hope that you keep going and see this project through to the end. Your help is needed and appreciated very much. Thanks again for all your hard work. We appreciate all you do.