We just learned that Oklahoma is the 19th state to be completed and posted on the FamilySearch.org website. It is now fully indexed and searchable. It’s great to see the number of searchable states increase.
We have indexed 62.3% of the census and are moving along at a great pace. Let’s keep up the momentum and continue to work together to make this collection 100% searchable.
Below are the latest statistics for the project. They continue to be very encouraging.
- 86,283,220 names have been indexed and arbitrated.
- 19 states have published searchable indexes on FamilySearch.org. These states include Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming.
- 6 additional states are 100% indexed, arbitrated and in the final stage of preparation for posting.
- 6 additional states that are 99% complete. To see the status of each state visit the 1940 US Census state-by-state progress map on the FamilySearch website.
- 132,354 indexers have signed up to index the 1940 US Census.
Thank you again for all you do. We could never see such remarkable accomplishments without your help. Thanks.