Things are moving along nicely. Indexers and arbitrators are still actively moving us closer to the completion of the 1940 US Census Index. With 108,550 indexers now signed up and involved in indexing and/or arbitrating, we have a formidable team making some great things happen. Please keep telling our friends and neighbors about your indexing experiences. We can never have too many team members working with us.
Below are the latest statistics for our combined efforts to index the 1940 US Census..
- 50,522,793 records completed by 108,549 volunteers (36% complete)
- 6 states published
- 10 additional states 100% indexed (of which 3 have been delivered for publication—Florida, Utah, and Wyoming)
- 8 additional states at 50%+ completion (including California)
- 12 additional states at 20%+ completion
- 15 states (including Washington, D.C.) at 20% of less complete
Thank you again for all the hard work you put into indexing and arbitrating these valuable records. We appreciate everybody’s individual effort to create such a valuable index.