We’re finishing our 7th week of indexing and we are a breath away from having 40% of the entire collection indexed. I hear from so many people words of amazement at the things this indexing community has accomplished. In 7 weeks we’ve collectively indexed more than 55 million names. It is truly amazing. With 111,612 indexers now signed up to index and arbitrate, we have a formidable team making some great things happen. Let’s keep up the great work.
Below are the latest statistics for our combined efforts to index the 1940 US Census..
- 55,709,626 records indexed and arbitrated (40% of the entire census collection!)
- 6 states published and searchable on FamilySearch.org
- 12 additional states 100% indexed
- 4 additional states that are 89% or more complete
- 111,612 indexers have signed up and indexing the 1940 US Census
Thank you again for all the hard work you put into indexing and arbitrating these valuable records. We appreciate everybody’s individual effort to create such a valuable index.