Good News. We’ve added 3 more states to the list of completed states with searchable indexes. It took a little longer to finish them because there were a lot of loose ends that needed to be closed up, but we’ve got them taken care of now. As you can see on the 1940 US Census home page, we’ve got more than 43% of the entire collection indexed and arbitrated so far. It’s great to see that the excitement is still there and growing.
Below are the latest statistics for our combined efforts to index the 1940 US Census.
- 60,660,160 records indexed and arbitrated (43.2% of the entire census collection!)
- 9 states published and searchable on FamilySearch.org. These states include Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Kansas, Oregon, New Hampshire, Utah, Virginia, and Wyoming.
- 11 additional states 100% indexed and arbitrated
- 4 additional states that are 90% or more complete
- Only 18 states at or below 40% indexed.
- 115,576 indexers have signed up and indexing the 1940 US Census
Thank you again for all the hard work each of you have put into indexing and arbitrating. It is encouraging to see what great things we are all accomplishing with our united efforts. We appreciate everybody’s individual effort. Thank you.