We have some more great news! Four more states from the 1940 Census indexing project have been posted on the FamilySearch.org website. That means we have 18 states that are fully indexed and searchable. It’s great to see the number of searchable states continue to grow.
We have now indexed 55.25% of the census and are moving along at a great pace. Let’s keep up the momentum and continue to work together to make this collection 100% searchable as soon as we can.
Below are the latest statistics for the project. They continue to be very encouraging.
- 77,629,066 names have been indexed and arbitrated.
- 18 states have published searchable indexes on FamilySearch.org. These states include Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming.
- 5 additional states are 100% indexed, arbitrated and in the final stage of preparation for posting.
- 9 additional states that are 90% or more complete. To see the status of each state visit the 1940 US Census state-by-state progress map on the FamilySearch website.
- 126,716 indexers have signed up to index the 1940 US Census
Thank you again for all you do. We could never see such remarkable accomplishments without your help. Thanks.