It’s always nice to be able to report good news and we have some today. FamilySearch has just posted 5 more states to the list of completed states with searchable indexes. And, as you can see on the 1940 US Census home page, we’ve got just about 46% of the entire collection indexed and arbitrated these past 8 weeks. We’re making great progress and we owe it all to those of you who are working so hard to index, arbitrate and process these census records.
Below are the latest statistics for our combined efforts.
- 64,384,188 names that have completed the indexing and arbitration process (45.8% of the entire census collection!)
- 14 states published and searchable on FamilySearch.org. These states include Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Kansas, Oregon, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming.
- 5 additional states 100% indexed, arbitrated and in the final stage of preparation for posting
- 8 additional states that are 70% or more complete. To see the status of each state visit the 1940 US Census state-by-state progress map on the FamilySearch website.
- 117,678 indexers have signed up to index the 1940 US Census
Thank you again for all the hard work. We appreciate everybody’s individual effort. We know that accomplishing so many great things with a project like this would never be possible without all your help. Please accept our heartfelt thanks. THANK YOU.