You can attach a document to more than one person in Family Tree. This feature isn’t new, but it’s extremely useful.
- Click Memories at the top of the screen.
2. Click Documents.
3. Click the image of the document you want to attach to another person.
4. To attach the document, add a tag.
a. Click the image. The tag area (a box with small white squares on each corner) and a gray box where you can type the person’s name appear on the image.
b. Click the tag area, and drag it to where you want it on the screen.
c. To make the tag area larger or smaller, click one of the small white squares on a corner and drag it to the size that you want.
d. In the gray square below the tag area, type the person’s name. If you’ve already created a tag for the person, as you type, the name appears in a drop down list.
e. Click the name in the drop down list to select it. Because you already made a tag for the person, the system automatically attaches the document to that person in Family Tree.
Tip: If you haven’t already created a tag for the person, type in the entire name, and click Add New Person. On the ride side of the screen, in the People in This Document section, click the person’s name. The system helps you find the person in Family Tree.
5. Add a tag for each person you want to attach the document to in Family Tree.
Remove a Document from a Person
If a document is attached to the wrong person, it’s easy to remove.
- Click People.
- Click the triangle at the end of the name of the person you want to remove the document from. A list of options appears.
3. Click Remove Tag. The system leaves the document in Family Tree, but removes it from that person.