RootsTech, hosted by FamilySearch.org, is an opportunity unlike any other to discover the latest family history tools and techniques, connect with experts to help you in your research, and be inspired in the pursuit of your ancestors. It is a conference with a unique emphasis on helping individuals learn and use the latest technology to get started or accelerate their efforts to find, organize, preserve and share their family’s connections and history. Attendees will learn key skills from hands-on workshops and interactive presentations at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced level.
The 3rd annual RootsTech will be held on March 21-23, 2013 in Salt Lake City, Utah, at the Salt Palace Convention Center. With several thousand attendees each of the first two years and wide spread enthusiasm the conference has been a great success thus far.
RootsTech is an opportunity unlike any other to discover the latest family history tools and techniques, connect with experts to help you in your research, and be inspired in the pursuit of your ancestors. It is a conference with a unique emphasis on helping individuals learn and use the latest technology to get started or accelerate their efforts to find, organize, preserve and share their family’s connections and history. Attendees will learn key skills from hands-on workshops and interactive presentations at the beginner, intermediate, and advanced level.
Who Should Attend?
The 3rd annual RootsTech conference has something for everyone, whether you are an avid genealogist, just beginning, or simply want to discover the latest technologies and solutions to better connect with your family. You will learn things like how and where to start with your family history and how to use the latest technology to solve real research problems. With world-class content from speakers all over the country, an exciting exhibitor hall, and great keynote speakers, RootsTech is being re-tooled for young and old alike, regardless of expertise. Come join the fun!
What is the Cost?
|Full 3-Day Pass
Access to everything RootsTech has to offer
|$149 (Early Bird)|
|One-Day Only Pass
Full admission for just one day
|Student 3-Day Pass
Student ID required
|NEW Getting Started 3-Day Pass
Beginner track with access to over 30 classes
|$39 (Early Bird)|
|Getting Started One-Day Only Pass
A selection of fundamental classes to help you get started
|Developer Day Pass (March 22)
A full-day technology program just for developers
What You’ll Experience
If You Are New to Family History
Attend a new, full track of over 30 Getting Started classes and labs to:
- Learn the basics of starting your family history
- Discover 10 activities you can do to get started
- Get hands-on experience with family history tools
- Additional classes will be offered for LDS Church members where they can learn the importance of family history, the basics to build their family tree and all the great resources to begin
If You Are Experienced in Genealogy
Attend hands-on workshops and interactive classes to:
- Expand your skills and knowledge to accelerate your research
- Help influence the future of genealogy
- Learn and share new ways to adapt technologies to genealogy
- Help leading-edge technology providers better understand your needs
- Participate in panels, product demos and many networking opportunities
If You Are a Developer
Attend the Developer Day on Friday wth sessions specifically designed to help you:
- Explore the latest concepts and techniques to influence your app building, including:
- Genealogy Workflow
- FamilySearch Platform and API’s
- Discover available resources and software development trends from industry leaders and pioneers
- Understand and discuss difficult problems in a rapidly-growing market segment
- Access sponsors, vendors, and exhibitors that provide tools and services to enable innovations
RootsTech 2012 by the Numbers
- Over 4,000 registered attendees came from 46 U.S. states, six Canadian provinces and 23 additional countries
- Over 50,000 views of live streaming sessions
- More than 90 key bloggers from Australia, Canada, Israel, the U.K. and the U.S.
- 20 official sponsors: Archives.com, Microsoft, Ancestry.com, brightsolid, NGS, Dell, NEHGS, FGS, APG, BYU, Avanade, Lenovo, Lexmark, vmware, IIMI, Savvis, Sprint, HP, and ViaWest
- 93% of attendees reported they were very satisfied or satisfied with the value of the information received at RootsTech, and 2013 promises to be even better!