Have you seen the new resources for family history center directors on LDS.org? Simplified features and updated training are all located on this new page. View it at the easy-to-find quick link www.lds.org/fhcdirector.
The page is organized into three sections
- Find, Take, Teach: Understanding Your Calling
- Discovery Experiences
- Training and Resources
Look for these changes and additions:
Find, Take, Teach: Understanding Your Calling
- Nurturing enthusiasm and sharing ideas among stake and ward members using this simplified approach.
- Use discovery experiences to significantly increase your ward and stake member engagement in family history.
- See how other directors successfully use low tech, simplified approaches to discovery in centers large and small.
Training and Resources
- View quarterly workshops designed for FHC directors, as announced at RootsTech.
You will find that the important resources you have always used on LDS.org are still available, but in a refreshed format. Presently, the updated page is available in English only, but translations will be coming soon. Please remember that family history centers are wonderful places for visitors to have a discovery experience. We still refer to these centers as family history centers. Only a few high-tech centers are redesigned and designated by FamilySearch as Discovery Centers. Welcome to the new Family History Center Director page. Enjoy!