Have you ever shared an indexing batch with someone? It’s like working on a crossword puzzle in which you can’t seem to find the last word, and then your best friend comes along and spots the answer right away! The sense of relief is through the roof!
Records can sometimes be a little tough to decipher, but never fear, this is why share-batch indexing is so incredible. You can even share the batch you are working on with someone who isn’t sitting right next to you—a friend, another indexer or arbitrator, someone from Support, a local leader, or even on Facebook. The Share Batch feature can help you receive answers to batch-specific questions. By sharing the batch, you can collaborate with others to receive a better understanding of the problem and a solution.
Share a batch by following these easy steps:
- From within your open batch, click File and then Share Batch.
2. Write down the number, or click Copy Number.
3. Give this number to the person with whom you want to share the batch. You could share this batch number with someone from support, the FamilySearch indexing Facebook community, or a fellow indexer or arbitrator.
How to View a Shared Batch
The Share Batch feature is only helpful if other volunteers know how to view a shared batch. Viewing a shared batch is just as simple as sharing a batch:
1. From the indexing start page, click File and then View Shared Batch.
2. Enter the share batch number, and click OK.
The batch is now downloaded and available for viewing. Please note that any work the helper does on a shared batch will not be saved. Only the indexer can save information in the batch and submit it.
If you are ever stuck on a name, place, date, or something else, try the Share Batch feature. You’ll find out you’re not alone—you have the whole indexing world to help you!