Family History Department employees and missionaries were treated to some fun and motivating activities at the department’s Photo Palooza activity, held in the JSMB on June 18th. It was estimated that 400 to 450 employees took part in the celebration.
Employees and missionaries were invited to bring their photos and books to be scanned and to have their “mystery photos” analyzed by expert photo analyst, Maureen Taylor. They also learned more about the Church Historical Library and what services it has to offer the public. Everyone enjoyed the contest were folks brought their photographs and posted them to see who looked most and least like an ancestor. The contest categories and winners were:
- Employee Who Looks MOST Like Their Ancestor – Stephen Young
- Employee Who Looks LEAST Like Their Ancestor – Nancy Michelle Stoddard
- Oldest Photo – Lynn Turner
- Most Mysterious Ancestor – Bob Baldwin
- Write-in Category (Honorable Mention): Coolest Ancestor – Michael Judson and Mary Meyers
There was also a drawing for an iPad Mini. Curtis Petersen was the winner of that prize.
We want to thank all who attended and especially give a round of thanks to those who made the Photo Palooza happen. It was a great success and we hope to see it happen again. Thanks to all who came and enjoyed themselves.