FamilySearch continues to make progress on the Family Tree, which for those who aren’t aware, is an upgrade and eventual replacement for new.FamilySearch.org. Family Tree takes the best features of new.FamilySearch.org and adds many useful functions for improved data accuracy and collaboration. If you’re not already testing Family Tree, we invite you to begin using it and let us know what you think.
If you need to know how to access or use Family Tree, click here.
Upcoming Features in Family Tree
The features required to add new people to Family Tree and fix relationships between people are in the works. We may be taking Family Tree offline for a short period of time while we add this new functionality. When this functionality is completed, you will be able to:
- Add parents, children, and spouses to families.
- Remove people from families where they do not belong.
- Change the record of an incorrectly linked parent or spouse for the correct record.
- Add, change, and delete marriage events (dates and places of marriage, divorce, and so forth).
- Add change and delete relationship types between parents and children. (The relationship types are biological, step, guardianship, adopted, and other.)
- Add sources to parent-child and couple relationships.
- See a history of all changes made to relationships and undo changes if needed.
You’ll know that we have added the new features because options to add missing people will start appearing on the tree, like this: