FamilySearch is working in partnership with New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEHGS) on a Learning Center initiative. NEHGS houses a recording unit in Boston provided by FamilySearch. This is a great partnership because NEHGS is working with their members and their community to record genealogy and family history classes taught by local experts. FamilySearch will then make these classes available online on the FamilySearch Learning Center, free of charge to the public.
Some of the classes that are currently available to the public include the following:
- Getting Started in Irish Genealogy
- New England Vital Records
- Identifying Civil War Ancestors in Your Family Tree
- Getting Started in Genealogy
- Search AmericanAncestors.org