FamilySearch announced several changes to its www.familysearch.org website. The soft launch approach allows FamilySearch to implement the new website in stages to ensure all critical elements are functioning as desired. Once complete, the website will be promoted more broadly.
Missing the prior version of FamilySearch.org? You can still visit the previous version of FamilySearch.org
The updated version of the FamilySearch website gives you a richer family history experience by putting all FamilySearch content, services, and products on the same site. Some of the benefits you’ll enjoy include:
- More indexes, records, and documents…all published more frequently.
- An improved search experience that scans more content and gives more accurate results.
- A thriving genealogical community where you can give and receive help.
- A single user name and password for all FamilySearch products and services.
- Responsive, reliable, and scalable hardware and software on which the site can grow and improve.
Perhaps the most exciting changes involve searches. Searching historical records and databases is now available from a single page. You can customize your search in many new and exciting ways. Searching the microfilm catalog is also clearer and more intuitive.
In addition, finding local family history centers is easy with a revised look that lets you find a location using a world map.
There are also a host of new information resources available in the all new Learn section.
Find out more with these detailed guides:
- Go to Prior Version of FamilySearch.org
- Go to Popular FamilySearch Downloads
- Search the IGI (International Genealogical Index)
- Search Ancestral File
- Search Historical Books
- Search Community Trees