FamilySearch indexing is looking for Church-service missionaries to help recruit indexers and arbitrators in Spanish-language stakes located in the United States and Canada. Most of the work involves telephone and email contacting and can be accomplished from your home, Church headquarters (in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building at historic Temple Square), or a combination of both locations. Full-time is preferred, but couples wishing to serve at least three days per week are welcome as well.
As a Church-service missionary, you will work through area family history advisers and local priesthood leaders to reach out to stake indexing directors and communicate the urgent need for indexers and arbitrators. You will also provide telephone and in-person training to stake indexing directors, helping them to understand their calling and where to turn for support, training, and resources to help them reach out to the members of their stakes and wards.
Specific qualifications include:
- Spanish-language skills are much preferred, though not required.
- Basic computer skills (email, Internet searching, computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and such).
- Experience working in a professional or office environment.
- Church leadership and training experience.
- Familiarity with FamilySearch indexing preferred, though not required.
- Some limited travel may be required for face-to-face training.
Interested couples should contact: