We’re very excited for the new year and have decided the most inspiring thing we can do is share some ideas on how others have stayed motivated in the past and how you can stay motivated in the future:
- Index a batch a day.
- “Pay it forward” every time you find something on FamilySearch.
- Try indexing a new language.
- Invite a friend.
Stake or group goals:
- Index one million names in one year.
- Arbitrate two million names in one year.
- Add five new indexers a month to your group.
- Call assistant directors to recruit and train indexers.
- Create a Facebook or social networking page for your indexing group.
- Teach an indexing class.
- Sponsor a FamilySearch indexing project.
- Create a FamilySearch wiki page.
- Collaborate with other local societies.
If you’re setting a specific indexing goal, leave a comment below and share. You may inspire the rest of us.
(Note: Your comment will not appear until it has been reviewed.)
Best of luck in 2011. Thank you a million times over for your dedication!