We added new features to FamilySearch.org on 27 April 2011.
- You can preview the new filtering features that we are building. You can now filter results by date, place, gender, and record category. These filters are located along the left side of your search results. Learn more about the new search filters.
- The names of a few links were simplified. “Historical Records” is now simply “Records.” “Library Catalog” is “Catalog.”
- You can still change your search criteria directly from your search results. To see the fields, click New Search.
- The Give Back link at the top of the screen has been replaced with a link to FamilySearch indexing. Most people went to Give Back to get to indexing, so this change provides more direct access.
- In the footer, click Products to download Personal Ancestral File (PAF) and review other products from family history vendors. This links is in the Resources section.
- Also in the footer, click Careers to see job openings available at FamilySearch.org.
- The links to the BYU scanned book collection is now located next to the link for searching the library catalog.
Let us know how you like these changes, especially the new filters. We also welcome your ideas for other filtering features you would like us to add. Your feedback helps us improve this feature and the rest of FamilySearch.org.