The next step to fully implement FamilySearch Family Tree on FamilySearch is to change new.familysearch.org to read-only status. This milestone occurred on December 18, 2013.
Users can still view information on the new.familysearch.org, but users can no longer edit or change information.
Users have many reasons to switch from new.familysearch.org to FamilySearch Family Tree. They can:
- Correct information about ancestors and relationships.
- Find valuable records for any ancestor, right from the person page.
- Adds sources to ancestors with a few simple mouse clicks.
- Add photo, documents and stories to ancestors
- Print fan charts, pedigrees, and family group records.