The objective of this mentoring is to ensure that you develop the skills and confidence to begin arbitrating on your own. If you have not already done so, the mentor will ask you to take the Arbitrator Self-Assessment to help identify areas where you may need additional training. During this mentoring, you will also have the chance to arbitrate one or more batches with a mentor. After your mentoring experience, you will be awarded a certificate indicating your preparation as a trained arbitrator.
How to Connect with a FamilySearch Arbitration Mentor
- From https://familysearch.org/ask/researchAssistance, click Sign In, and enter your FamilySearch username and password.
- Click Arbitrator Mentoring.
- Enter your phone number in the appropriate box, and click the Call Me Now button if you would like to connect by phone.
- Click the Chat Now button if you would like to chat by computer.
- Wait a few minutes while your call or chat is connected.
Please note that volunteer mentors may not always be available; however, you can schedule a callback. Just enter your phone number in the appropriate box, and indicate the time when you are available for a call; then click Send Request. Should you experience difficulty connecting or scheduling a callback, please call FamilySearch Support at 1-866-406-1830.
We ask for your patience since this is a new learning opportunity for everyone. The mentors are freely sharing their time and experience, so please treat them with kindness. If you have questions the mentors are unable to answer, please contact FamilySearch Support directly.