RootsTech gets more exciting every year. This year a family history center director’s track is being offered. Priesthood leaders and directors are encouraged to participate in RootsTech sessions held on Friday, February 13th in Salt Lake City. FamilySearch managers and employees will share their insights and experiences working with successful family history centers across the world. You will hear firsthand how other directors are helping members discover family names and then prepare those ancestors’ names for temple ordinances. You’ll also see examples of families learning, sharing and teaching family history. The Director’s Track offers the four following presentations:
- The Family History Center of the Future—Speakers: Suzanne Curley, Joe Everett
- What We Learned from the Worldwide 2014 Discovery Experience Pilot Program—Speakers: Suzanne Curley, Joe Everett, Lisa McBride, Fred Graham, Nathan Murphy
- How Center Directors Can Help Priesthood Leaders Achieve Their Goals—Speakers: Lance McIntosh, Brent Summerhays, Brian Smith
- Three Foundational Experiences A Family History Center Can’t Miss—Speakers: Suzanne Curley, Joe Everett
Four pricing options are available:
- 3-day RootsTech Pass for $99 (register with the code CALLING99)
- 1-day RootsTech pass for $89 (RootsTech for 1-day. We recommend Friday for the Director classes)
- 3-day Getting Started Pass for $39 (Access to 30+ Getting Started classes during RootsTech)
- 1-day Getting Started Pass for $19 (The most economical way to participate in FH Director’s Track on Friday at RootsTech)
Go to http://rootstech.org and choose Register in the top toolbar. Or, go to Attend in the top toolbar, then Why Attend? to see a price comparison chart. We encourage those who can to come and feel the spirit of the presentations in person. The FamilySearch staff will available for questions and would delight in getting to know each one of you.
We understand that not everyone will be able to come to Salt Lake City. For those living in distant places, the director’s track will be recorded and posted in English on the director’s page at lds.org http://www.lds.org/fhcdirector. We will also write articles in future newsletters highlighting the topics covered at RootsTech. If you can come to Salt Lake in February, we’d love to see you! Make RootsTech a time to renew and to get inspiration on how to help those you serve to fulfill their responsibility as members to seek out and perform sacred temple ordinances for their ancestors.