Every batch you index could be different, and you may run into a specific question that you need to share with someone else. If you are ever in this situation, you can share that batch with a friend, another indexer or arbitrator, someone from support, a local leader, or even on Facebook. The Share Batch feature can help you receive answers to batch-specific questions. By sharing the batch, you can collaborate with others to receive a better understanding of the problem and a solution.
Share a batch by following these steps:
- From within your open batch, click on File, then Share Batch.
- Write down the number, or click Copy Number.
- Give this number to the person with whom you want to share your batch. You could share this batch number with someone from support, the FamilySearch indexing Facebook community, or a fellow indexer or arbitrator.
The Share Batch feature is only helpful if other volunteers know how to view a shared batch. Viewing a shared batch is just as simple as sharing a batch:
- From the indexing start page, click on File, then View Shared Batch.
- Enter the share batch number, and click OK.
- The batch is now downloaded and available for viewing only. Please note that any work you do on a shared batch will not be saved. Only the indexer can save information in the batch and submit the record set.
If you are ever stuck on a name, place, date, and such, try the Share Batch feature. You’ll find out you’re not alone—you have the whole indexing world to help you!