We’d love to have you send us your stories about interesting experiences you’ve had as you’ve worked on your family history. We will post them so that others can learn from your experience, find comfort in knowing that others face the same challenges, or laugh as you share your amusing adventures.
Some examples of what we’re looking for might include:
- Brick walls you’ve been able to knock down and how you did it.
- Miracles you’ve seen as you’ve researched your family or helped others with their research.
- People who have been an example and motivation for you while doing your family history research.
- Unique record collections you’ve discovered.
- Bizarre and/or weird experiences you’ve had doing family history.
- New and useful products or services you’ve discovered. (Please, we ask that private companies and commercial service providers not use this as a place to promote their own products.)
- Unique family stories you’ve discovered.
- Challenges that your ancestors have gone through and what they learned from them.
- Great ways you’ve discovered to preserve your photographs, documents, audio and video recordings, antiques and heirlooms for future generations.
- Effective research and interview techniques you’ve discovered.
These are just a few ideas of what you could write about. Don’t limit yourself to just the ideas listed above. Over the years, many of you have had experiences that others could benefit from. This is your chance to share what you’ve learned, brag about a great discovery, and share your war stories (figuratively speaking) with others.
We hold the right to edit your submissions to ensure they fit the flavor as well as the editorial guidelines of our FamilySearch blog. We cannot return your submissions. However, if we would like to use your submission for something other than this blog, we will contact you directly to discuss how your submission will be used and to get your permission
Please mail your stories to:
Stephen F. Anderson
50 East North Temple Street
JSMB 5th Floor
Salt Lake City,Utah 84150
Email your story to: email@example.com
Thank you. We look forward to reading your stories.