The Share with Family or Friends feature has been live on FamilySearch.org for a month now, and we’re excited to report that Church members are finding it very useful! Here are some comments:
- Love it! My sister and I tried in out on Saturday and then I taught my family history class on Sunday about it. Great new feature! Exciting new way to share with the youth in our family. —Amy A.
- Great enhancement! This will make it so much easier to share with other family members the names of ancestors who are ready for temple work. —Mike B.
- Exciting new way to share with the youth in our family. Thanks FamilySearch. —Mathieu B.
If you don’t already know how to share a reserved name, you can now send temple names from your temple reservation list to others who are ready and willing to take them to the temple. Here’s how it works.
To Share a Reservation with Family or Friends
- Check the box next to any ancestor reservation you would like to give to a friend or family member to complete. Click Share, and then click Share with Family or Friends.
- Enter the name and email address of the family member or friend you want to share with, and then click Send.
- Shared reservations will be marked with an envelope icon and will remain on your reservation list until they are accepted by your family member or friend.
- When it is accepted, the reservation will disappear from your list. If your invitation is not accepted in two weeks, the share envelope icon will be removed, allowing you to print, share, or unreserve your ancestor reservation again.
FamilySearch has created a short video titled Share Reserved Ordinances with Family and Friends. It visually walks you through each step and helps you see how easy it is to share reserved names with your own family members and friends.
This new feature makes it easier than ever for families to collaborate in the work of salvation for ancestors. It also gives people with large reservation lists a way to share the blessings of temple service with others while ensuring that temple ordinances are completed in a timely manner.
Visit your temple reservation page and try it out. There are blessings in it for you and for the ancestors you provide ordinances for on the other side of the veil.