To know her is to love her…so, let’s get to know my mom! In honor of Mother’s Day, here are my Top 10 favorite things about Mom.
10. Takes 8 years, on average, of waiting before making any major purchase.
9. Cheese ball, hot chocolate, & popcorn were always waiting for us at home after school on rainy days to distract us kids from our C-plus grade point averages.
8. Number of forwarded emails sent by Mom, on average, per day over the past 5 years: 12; Percentage of those that ended with a curse if they were not forwarded on: 78%.
7. In an effort to avoid yelling, Mom pioneered hand-clapping, using a megaphone, and calling from her cell phone while inside the house, as effective methods of communication.
6. The three ways Mom has changed her life in response to an episode of Oprah: No more ice at restaurants, avoid beef, and change pillow slips twice daily (dust mites).
5. Having a Christmas gift giving technique, using an elaborate numbering system instead of names, resulting in chaos when her numbering system was forgotten.
4. Mom’s most common response to a hint at a positive conversation: “Start from the beginning and tell me everything they said.”
3. When Mom revealed to Dad on day two of our 21-day family back east road-trip that she, “won’t be driving any more on this vacation.”
2. For the time Mom accosted Phil Donahue, with arms and legs extended as she leapt in front of him, while we were on a tour in New York of Rockefeller Center.
1. For making life a lot of fun!
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom.